Become a Member of
The National Gratitude League
The NGL Toolkit
The National Gratitude League (NGL) Toolkit provides you with everything you need to become a certified NGL member. Inside, you will find a long list of people you can appreciate, an NGL completion form, certificates, and so much more!
What is The National Gratitude League?
How to join for free
Appreciation brings an abundance of benefits at no cost to you but your time. Our full NGL Toolkit is available to download here and includes access to printable activities, certificates, and more! You’ll also have the option to purchase NGL thank you cards, and wristbands or bring in an NGL speaker.
Below, you’ll find a list of people who are rarely thanked: postal workers, grocery store clerks, bus drivers, custodians, principals, school secretaries, nurses, farmers, coaches, etc. Review the list and decide if you’d like to become part of this global movement.
If yes, there are three options for joining the National Gratitude League:
- Walk up to 8 people you don’t often thank and say something like, “Thank you. I appreciate you!” or something similar. This can be done over one week or one month.
- Hand out an appreciation card to 8 people (available at www.nglcards.com) that says those words.
- Write a short thank you note to 8 people and deliver them.
Once you have completed the above with 8 people, there are three ways to celebrate joining the League:
Who is it for?
It’s for kindergarteners to senior citizens. The National Gratitude League is for everyone!
What is the NGL mission?
Our mission is to inspire people of all ages to embrace appreciation as a way of life.
Become an NGL Certified School
The National Gratitude League Certified Schools or Districts use The NGL tools to create a culture of gratitude and appreciation. They demonstrate a commitment to fostering positive, respectful, and appreciative school environments where all students thrive.
You can become a National Gratitude League Certified School District in five simple steps:
1. Sign up your school or district by contacting us at NGL@8togreat.com.
2. Add The National Gratitude League Launch Date to your school or district calendar.
3. Post The National Gratitude League Challenge on your website.
4. Promote and encourage schoolside or district wide participation in The National Gratitude League Challenge.
5. Share 1 or more success stories of how The National Gratitude League Challenge impacted your students, staff or school by emailing us or submitting your story here.