(So people feel open and close!)
- What are you most grateful for from the past 24 hours? (at work or home)
- What are you most grateful for from the past week? (at work or home)
- What are you proudest of from recent months here at work?
- What strengths do you see in this group? What do you appreciate most about our team?
- What is most important to you in a work environment?
- What is one of your happiest memories from work? (this or any job)
- What is one of your dreams for this group/team?
- What is one compliment at work you’ll never forget?
- What is one compliment at work you gave recently? (If you can’t think of one, feel free to give one right now.)
- What is a simple low-budget suggestion you’d love to make to our CEO?
- What do you appreciate most about management at our company?
- What is one of your greatest gifts to this team?
- What is one positive quality to describe the person to your left/right. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the RAVE sheet if you don’t have it.)
- Do #14 to the person across from you
- What is one thing about your department that you’re proud of these days?
- What was the greatest risk you have taken in the past week – professional or personal?
- What is a risk at work you’d like to take but haven’t yet?
- What do you appreciate most about the physical plant/workspace of this job?
- What is the greatest benefit of being employed here, in your opinion?
- What is one characteristic in a co-worker you would like to have more of?
- What is your favorite (clean) joke OR describe the last time you laughed really hard.
- Tell a story about your name…
- What do you love to do in your free time?
- What is your favorite piece of gear/clothing?
- What is one thing people could or do ask your advice on?
- What is one positive attribute or skill most people don’t know you have?
- What is one of the greatest joys in your life these days?
- Share one of your favorite memories. (from any time in your life)
- What would you like people to remember about you ?
- Take a deep breath, let it out, and share the first positive thought that comes to mind.
- Who is the most positive person you know at work or outside of work? Describe them. .
- What have you done in the past 24 hours that you feel good about?
- What are you most looking forward to doing this week or this month?
- What have you learned recently that might be helpful for the rest of the team to hear?
- What do you like best about our meetings?
- What is a question you would like an answer to?
- What is most important for you in getting along with other people?
- What is one goal you’d like us to accomplish in this meeting?
- What is one thing you appreciate about technology these days?
- Who has helped you out recently at work?
- What is something that would make your job easier and more enjoyable?
- What is an example of our successful teamwork? Why was it successful?
- Throw a beach ball (or eraser) in the air and whoever touches it gets to share something they’re grateful for.
- What is the legacy you want to leave behind or that you want our team to leave behind?
- What is a compliment from a customer/client that has made you proud?
- What are some recent team successes that you feel good about?
- What is something that people do that lets you know you’re appreciated?
- What are your two favorite love languages: (How you like to be appreciated)?
– acts of service/kindness
– quality time
- What is one way we could be better supports/cheerleaders for each other?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could “be” anyone for a day, who would you like to be?
- What is your favorite saying or quote and why?
- What is one thing you’re grateful about your family, friends or pets?
- What is one thing you’re grateful for about your health?
- Pre-meeting: Hand out a thank you card to each team member. Invite them to write a thank you note to someone at work or in the community. Put on quiet music while they write. Share any thoughts or feelings afterwards.
- Pretend you’re Hallmark and you’re going to create a new holiday to celebrate someone here at work. What/Who would you celebrate?
- List 3 Things you are absolutely certain of, positive of, at this time…
- Go back and reminisce about one of your favorite days ever at work.
- Number off to get a partner, and then ask the 3 questions:
– What is something I don’t know about you?
– What is something we agree on?
– What is something you like about me?
- If we were going to give a BIG DREAMER award at this workplace, who would you nominate and why?
- If we were going to give a best RISK-taker award at this workplace, who would you nominate and why? (Remember RISK is Run To, Not From)
- If we were going to give a FULL RESPONSIBILITY award at this workplace, who would you nominate and why?
- If we were going to give an HONEST COMMUNICATION award at this workplace, who would you nominate and why?
- If we were going to give a Never BC’s (Blames and Complains) award at this workplace, who would you nominate and why?
- If we were going to give an FGH award at this workplace, (Forgiveness of the past, Gratitude for the present, Hope for the future) who would you nominate and why?
- Share an act of Kindness you have done, witnessed, read about,or benefited from.
- Who here really lets you know they respect you? How?
- Who was one of your favorite ever customers?
- What’s the best customer service you’ve ever experienced?
- If you had a day at work where you could work on anything, what would you do? (must be work related…)
- Who is the easiest to talk to/best listener in this office/your life? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a power-outage day?
- What is one silly thing about you that many of us don’t know?
- Whose work area is the most attractive/appealing/fun in your opinion?
- If you were going to describe work in 3 or fewer positive words, what would you say?
- What is one of your favorite foods?
- What is one of your favorite pieces of clothing (wear it tomorrow!)
- Who is a teenager or young adult that you care about? (Have a “Bring a teen to work day…”)
- What is your favorite inspirational TED or YouTube video? (Then watch it!)
- What is your favorite Meeting Opener? (and then open the meeting that way!)
- Have we accomplished our goal for this meeting? If not, what can we do to reach that goal in these remaining minutes or how can we do better next time?
- What strengths and/or opportunities showed themselves today?
- Who would like to offer an insight, idea or a question we haven’t heard yet?
- How are you feeling after this time together?
- What will you take away and use from our meeting today?
- What was different about this meeting? If nothing, what are some ideas that you would like us to consider incorporating into our future meetings?
- Whose sharing or question was especially helpful for you today?
- What are you most grateful for from today’s meeting?